Monday, May 15, 2006

I have a home!

Keri and I have found a place to live!! It's in McLean and it's a gated community called Avalon Crescent. To be honest, we were running out of time and might have had to move into an apartment we didn't like, but we lucked out with this one.

At a slightly higher price than was in our range, Keri had dismissed this complex and a couple other ones, but she liked them and had kept them around. So, as our options quickly dwindled, we took a look at them.

We didn't didn't like our second option, but by then we had already seen this:



A picture of the neighborhood
The best picture I could find.

Floorplan of our new apartment!
This is our layout: 'The Garfield'. It's 1,172 sq. ft.

It's great! As you step out of the foyer you walk into the living room and dinning room which is quite large and full of windows. It's gorgeous! Both bedrooms have walk-in closets and are attached to bathrooms. My bedroom is the one called '#1' in the lower-right corner of the floorplan.

Keri and I couldn't be more excited. We went from having little hope in finding a place we would like to signing a lease for what appears to be exactly what we wanted! And for a reasonable price!

I know this is such an average thing: I graduated so I got an apartment with my girlfriend. But it's the everyday, average events in life that make it all worth while!

So, friends and family, come and visit us!

No comments: